Martin Community College’s mission is to provide quality, affordable, and accessible learner-centered educational programs, and services that are responsive to the needs of the communities we serve. The College will accomplish its mission by providing the following:
- Programs and courses to prepare individuals for technical or vocational careers or to upgrade current job skills; or to further their education.
- A comprehensive core of general education courses for all students.
- Continuing education courses to meet individual needs and interests for job advancement, job placement, and personal development.
- A basic skills program that provides adult basic education, high school equivalency, and diploma completion.
- Support services, including counseling, career guidance, job placement, tutoring, and other learning resources and services necessary for meeting students’ intended educational and/or career objectives.
- Programs and services to serve as a stimulus for the social and economic activities necessary to revitalize local rural communities.
- A learning environment where students may develop interpersonal, analytical, communicative, computational, and reasoning skills necessary for further growth as a lifelong learner, responsible citizen, and productive worker.
- A technologically-advanced environment necessary to enhance learning, to create an efficient workplace, and to prepare students for careers in an increasingly high-tech world.
- Effective and cooperative relationships with the schools, colleges, universities, government agencies, and employers in the area.
- Assistance with local and regional economic development efforts in maintaining, developing, and recruiting business and industry.
- Sound management practices and systematic planning and evaluation to allocate the resources required to achieve the goals of Martin Community College and to ensure institutional effectiveness.
- A diverse, qualified, nurturing, and innovative faculty and staff.