The Board of Trustees of Martin Community College (MCC) invites nominations and applications for a President with abilities and energy to continue and expand the quality services and educational opportunities to the citizens of Martin and Bertie counties. The President of the College is responsible to the Board of Trustees and is expected to provide leadership for the College and the educational effectiveness of all aspects of the institution. The President will thoroughly understand and have a commitment to the mission and the purpose of MCC. The President will build a vision for the College, shared by the Board, the College, and the Community that will ensure future growth. The President will maintain an ethical, fair, and honest approach to all areas of life. The President will also serve on the MCC Foundation.
MCC, with campuses in Williamston and Windsor, North Carolina was established in 1968, and has a current unduplicated headcount of over 5,000 and a FTE count of approximately 900. It has an operating budget more than $8 million. The College consists of the Martin Campus (210,000 sq. ft. of facilities) which has a 65-acre tract located just west of Williamston on U.S. 64, and the Bertie Campus (12,000 sq. ft.) campus located in Windsor. The service area is over 1,150 sq. mi. with a population base of 43,000. It is centrally located in rural eastern North Carolina to take advantage of the Outer Banks, the Morehead City beach area, and is within 100 miles of Raleigh and Virginia Beach. MCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School Commission on Colleges.
Professional Qualifications Requirements
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, and all programs and services.
- Be sensitive to needs of all students, faculty, and staff members, recognizing that the foundation of a good college is faculty and staff.
- Understanding and appreciation of citizens and students from rural areas.
- Sensitivity to cultural and demographic diversity.
- Be willing to be involved in economic development and to support area industries, businesses, community groups, and the public schools in the service area.
- Understand and support the importance of quality technology.
- Demonstrate ability to create greater public awareness of opportunities, through marketing, for all the citizens of the service area.
- Ability to communicate in an open, fair, and effective manner that will lead to a strong advocacy for the College both internally and externally.
- Be well versed in fund-raising, grant procurement, and in foundation activities and participation.
- Be a good listener who emphasizes human relations for the College.
- Be a proven effective/efficient manager and possess the ability to be both innovative and fiscally responsible in the use of resources.
The President’s salary and benefits will be based on the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) salary scale plus a county supplement.
The Search committee will accept applications until a suitable candidate is selected. Screening of applications will begin October 30, 2017. Interested applicants should submit electronically through email: a cover letter addressing the qualifications along with a completed North Carolina State Application (PD-107); resume; Educational Philosophy; explanation of leadership style; educational credentials; and the name, address/email, and contact number of five references.
Attention: Presidential Screening Committee c/o Ms. Kismet K. Matthews, Ed.S., Committee Secretary Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone inquiries should be made to the Office of the President: (252) 789-0223
Applications can be obtained by contacting the Committee Secretary or at the College’s website at martincc.edu/employmentopportunities.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution.