First-Time Applicants (Never Attended MCC)
MCC offers a variety of academic programs that you can choose to complete. To get started on your academic career, there are a few steps that must be completed for admission to the College.
In order to complete the process you will need one of the following:
- social security number (SSN),
- individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN),
- alien registration number (ARN/A-number), or
- US Citizenship and Immigration Service number (CIS)
- Students may also be required to submit additional documentation immediately following their initial consideration request. For initial consideration requests, RDS communicates the residency status immediately following completion of the RDS online interview. This determination is contingent upon submission of any required documentation. If the student does not submit the required documentation before a 25-day deadline, the residency status will change from resident to non-resident. For more information on documentation you may need, see the North Carolina RDS information page. For help, call the RDS Call Center at 844-319-3640 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By tapping or clicking on the numbered buttons below, you will be guided through the MCC admissions process:
Students who have attended MCC before will need to re-apply only if they have not attended MCC for three consecutive semesters. (For example, if you last attended Summer 2016 and you now want to register for Fall 2017 classes, then you will need to re-apply.) Returning students should check with the registrar’s office or a MCC counselor to see if they need to submit any transcripts or take a placement test.
If you want to take curriculum classes but do not want to pursue a degree, diploma, or certificate, or if you want to complete a few classes to transfer to another college or university, the Special Credit program may be your best option. For more information about the Special Credit program and other programs offered at MCC, see the Academic Programs page.