Some continuing-education courses are free, while others require a nominal charge for admittance. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Basic Skills classes: no fee
- High School Equivalency (GED) test: $80.00
- Community-service courses: $35.00 and up
- Registration fees for occupational courses vary according to the length of the class:
- 1 to 24 hours: $70.00
- 25 to 50 hours: $125.00
- 51+ hours: $180.00
- Fees for self-supporting courses are determined by the content and length of each class and are paid by all students; there are no exemptions.
- HRD courses adhere to the same fee structure as occupational courses. However, some individuals enrolling in HRD courses may qualify for a fee waiver. Contact the MCC Division of Continuing Education to see if you qualify.
- Volunteer firemen, local fire department personnel, volunteer and local rescue and life-saving department personnel, and local law-enforcement officers are exempt from paying a registration fee when enrolling in work-related training programs.
- Additional supply fees are required for certain classes. For example, Nurse Aide students and BLET students must purchase required uniforms.
All fees are subject to change by act of the North Carolina General Assembly.