Face Coverings Are REQUIRED
Wearing face coverings, that cover the individual's nose and mouth, are required when entering buildings and in shared spaces on MCC's campus including hallways and lobbies. Face coverings are not required while a person is alone in their individual office. Face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms. Individuals should be reminded frequently not to touch the face covering and to wash their hands. Face coverings should not be placed on:
- Anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious.
- Anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance.
- Anyone who cannot tolerate a cloth face covering due to developmental, medical, or behavioral health needs.
Alternative face coverings, such as face shields may be utilized by individuals with medical conditions that make breathing difficult or as recommended by a health care provider.
Face coverings are required when an individual is outside of MCC buildings if maintaining proper social distancing is not possible.
Points of Contact
Students that need to report exposure, symptoms, or ask general questions related to COVID - 19 should call Bebe Major, Executive Assistant to the President. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 252-789-0323.
Employees that need to self report exposure, symptoms, or ask general questions related to COVID - 19 should call Morgan Roberson, Director of Human Resources. Email: email@example.com Phone: 252-789-0224.
MCC recognizes that in this challenging time, there are heightened fears and anxiety among our faculty, staff, and students.
- Students are encouraged to reach out to one of MCC’s counselors.
- Faculty and Staff are encouraged to discuss their concerns with their direct supervisor.
MCC COVID – 19 Operations Guidelines
Please review the MCC COVID Operations Guidelines for specific information pertaining to MCC’s response to COVID-19.